Gloves - Wash & Care
Step 1 - Prep
- Undo all buttons, Velcro and buckles
- Shake off any surface dirt
- Wipe clean with a damp microfiber cloth
- Dissolve 1 cap of detergent in a bucket of water, per pair of gloves
- Soak for at least 30 minutes
- Avoid hot water. Test with your fingers first. If it’s too hot for your fingers, it's too hot for your gear.
Step 2 - Which Detergent?
- Use (in order of preference)
- Purpose-made tech-wash
- Neutral unscented liquid detergent
- Woolen liquid detergent
- Baby shampoo
- Completely Avoid
- Any type of granular powder detergent
- Any type of heavily scented liquid detergent
Step 3 - Wash and Rinse
- Wear the gloves and dip your hands in the bucket
- As if you’re washing your hands, scrub the gloves together
- Focus on spots with grease and grime
- Repeat until clean
- Rinse multiple times until free of detergent
- Avoid using hard, abrasive brushes. Use a soft brush if required
Step 4 – Flat Dry
- Lay the gloves flat over a towel, in a well ventilated area.
- For leather gloves, during the drying process, put the gloves on at regular intervals, and flex your fingers and wrists.
- This is important for leather gloves to retain the shape and fit of your hands.
- Do not hang dry. Do not expose to direct sunlight while drying.
Step 5 - Condition
- Once completely dry, gently rub leather conditioner over leather panels
- Lay flat over a towel to allow the leather to absorb the conditioner
- Repeat as required. Wipe off any excess conditioner with a microfiber cloth.
- Skip this step for textile or mesh gloves/panels
Step 6 - Storage
- Store in a cool dry ventilated place, away from direct sunlight.
- Do not store while damp or wet. Dry completely before storage.
- Clean thoroughly before long-term storage.